[THIN] NFUSE Disclaimer

  • From: Brian Murphy <bem9127@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 09:20:16 -0700 (PDT)

I'm considering (wanting) to place a disclaimer on the access portal that
forces the users to read
a security disclaimer before accessing the portal.  Now, let me preface by
stating that I am not a
web programming guru.  In addition, I don't want to add any code to the NFuse
production portal
that will significantly reduce login times or add another layer of potential
login issues.

Basically, I want the end user to acknowledge that we (IS) expect the user to
have and maintain
some type of A/V solution on their local machine (this is for home users) to
help prevent trojan
horses, keyloggers, etc... from being installed.

Next, recommended browser level and security zone recommendations.

Next, install Windows Updates regularly.

Next, recommend installing some type of connection monitor like Zone Labs
personal edition.

Next, recommend a hardware firewall like Linksys if using DSL or Cable modem.

Has anyone attempted this and would you be willing to supply the asp or html or
java code you used
to produce this effect?

Thanks...........

-Murphy

=====
Brian Murphy, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA, CCA
bem9127@xxxxxxxxx
469-223-1621 Cell
"If you are not the intended recipient, or an authorized agent of the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or
copying of this information is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this
message by error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email."