[THIN] Re: Memory Leaks

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 17:28:31 -0700

I have Systrack and while it is a good product, it's memory leak detection
isn't all that accurate.  If I went by what it was telling me, my servers
would run out of memory in about a day.  It makes assumptions that if
something uses 1-2K per minute, it must be a leak.  Some apps just behave
that way and then release the memory an hour later.  Particularly those
that gather metrics, like HP management agents.

adam

             "Carl Stalhood"
             <cstalhood@mailsn
             are.net>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             thin-bounce@freel                                          cc
             ists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [THIN] Re: Memory Leaks
             04/04/2007 04:09
             PM

             Please respond to
             thin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

SysTrack from Lakeside Software will report application memory leaks.