[THIN] Re: MSDE for direct connect data store

  • From: "Chris Lynch" <lynch00@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 09:29:49 -0700

I don't know of anyone that is.  Although, I would imagine you could
use it in a direct connect scenario.  Just remember that you are
limited to 2GB per database, and a maximum of 2 databases "attached"
(I believe it's 2, could be 4).  Also, if you are going to manage it
with the Enterprise Management tool for SQL, you are required to have
a license for it.  Thus, you are better off with SQL 2000 Standard.

Chris