[THIN] Re: Load Manage

  • From: Bob <bobmails@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:32:18 -0400

App User Load -vs- Server User Load?

Simple, one counts the number of people using the specific app on that
server, the other counts the number of people on the server period.
If you have servers dedicated to a single app, there may be no
functional difference.

You have to decide which is best for your environment.  I see app load
as being an oddball method of license control.

As for me, I have 3 simple rules... I know how many users are "safe"
for my servers and set a server user load rule,  I know what level of
CPU usage is "safe", and how much paging I'm willing to endure.

good luck
Bob
This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=320