[THIN] Re: Implementing SAM

  • From: "Tony Lyne" <Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:21:21 +1300

That's not entirely true. It depends on what you are trying to achieve =
with your portal solution.

MSAM is just as stable as Web Interface and just as easy to setup and =
maintain.

I do how ever concur that there are better solutions out there for less =
money. The most elegant one is from Novell (Novell Portal services) it =
does everything that MSAM does but also includes things like workflow =
management.=20

But if youre already a Citrix shop and and am wanting to extend the =
capabilities with your citrix farm, and have no in house developer =
skills then MSAM is probably the easiest and less complex solution.

Tony Lyne
Senior Systems Engineer=20
Computerland Central=20
P O Box 1470=20
PALMERSTON NORTH
Telephone (+64) 06 3537300
Facsimile (+64) 06 3566800
Mobile (+64) 0274 720696
E-mail Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Internet http://www.computerland.co.nz
CAUTION: This e-mail message and accompanying data may contain =
information that is confidential and subject to privilege. If you are =
not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, =
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message or data is =
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me =
immediately and delete all material pertaining to this e-mail. Thank =
you.
=A0