[THIN] Re: Image Viewing Utility

  • From: "Mike MacDonald" <mike5287@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:43:48 -0400

I thought about Picasa from google, but it makes me a little nervous. First,
I am not sure how it would run in a Citrix environment. Second, it makes
sharing the files on the Internet really easy, which in this environment
isn't the best thing. The users are not that savvy and being a city
government a lot of the pictures are for the police dept (suspects, crime
scenes, etc). The other issue, which will probably come up with any of them
is the automatic indexing. If I get several users running the app, indexing
public drives, etc, it could be a performance issue.

Is anyone running Picasa in a published desktop environment?

-Mike

On 10/26/06, Joe Shonk <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Picasso from Google?