[THIN] IMA Datastore question

  • From: "Newman, Phil" <Phil.Newman@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:29:32 -0000

I'm sure this is a simple question, but I just want to check.

I have inherited a new Xpe farm, which appears to be running an Access
Database based system. I say this as there is no mention of SQL based DSN's
with the ODBC configuration.

I would like to move toward a direct connected SQL Config. Is the best way
to do this, to set up an appropriate SQL Database, and then migrate the
servers to use this?

What is the best way forward, and is this an evening/weekend job, or can it
be done server by server during the day?

Many thanks,

Phil Newman