[THIN] IE6 and the %username% reg hack

  • From: JClewitt@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 12:37:32 -0000

I used the reg hack to HKCR\CLSID\{20D04FE-3AEA-1069-A2D8-08002B2009D} to make
it a REG_EXPAND_SZ and gave it the value
of'@C:\WINNT\system32\shell32.dll,-9216@1033,%username% on %computername%' to
show the User name and the TS box the users was logged onto. Is working fine,
however I understand it screws up after IE6 in installed. I have tested this on
a W2k pro box and it seems to be the case and I am unable to get it to work, I
have seen mention of a policy amd that can do the same thing, but have been
unable to find it.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers

Jim