[THIN] Re: IE6 and the %username% reg hack

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 10:50:00 +1100

Hi,

Not sure if it's the case for IE6 or not, but the norm in server 2003 is
that My Computer is defined in HKCU instead of HKLM.

In server 2003 we patch:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CLSID\{20D04FE0-3AEA
-1069-A2D8-08002B30309D}, REG_EXPAND_SZ, %username% - %computername%

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx