[THIN] Re: General Question

  • From: richard van beers <richard.van.beers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 21:49:04 +0200

Counter question: what is Terminal Server plain misssing that you need?

I am currently running a pilot using Terminal Server plain to replace
are dead-old NT-MF 1.8 setup, with the current hardware we can do what
we need with three servers. With all the added features of TS,
resource redirection, load balancing, I actually have a hard time
convincing management we dont NEED citrix anymore (Actually, the pilot
will proof we dont) , and we should save the 20k it Citrix will cost
us extra.

I just cant find a good justification, so Im not going to bother, until I do.

ps, great book: Terminal Services by Brian Madden and Ron Oglesby
(both on this list for ages), TS can do more then you think.

As for better "thin" communities in general, I dont think they exist.
Thanks once more Jim.

As for cheaper Citrix (but evaluate your needs carefully) look into
New Moon's Tarantella.

Richard