[THIN] Re: Flex Profiles and Outlook Signature

  • From: "Jay Moock" <jmoock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 12:11:55 -0400

I am having the exact same issue on my servers except we are using Roaming
Profiles instead of Flex Profiles (we are using OL2k3 and we are redirecting
AppData).

If I log in to server A, configure the signature, and then log out I can
load the user's hive in regedit and verify that the signature values are
there (they're stored in
HKCU\SW\MS\WNT\CurVer\Windows Messaging
Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook\9375CFF0413111d3B88A00104B2A6676\0000000#\ where
# is different depending on your setup).

If I log back into server A the signature is still set.

Then when I log in the server B, the first time I open Outlook I can watch
it delete the signature values by using RegMon.

The only Outlook related file that seems to get stored in the Local Settings
folder is a file named extend.dat, but it apparently isn't what I need
because the Local Settings folder gets removed the first time I log off of
server A.

It is obviously doing some sort of compare and it somehow knows that the
system the user set the signature from is not the system that the user is
logged into now, but as far as what it is comparing and why it is deleting
the signature settings is a mystery to me.