[THIN] Re: EdgeSight 4.2

  • From: "Andrew Wood" <andrew.wood@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 18:41:35 +0100

Use 2005 rather than 2000 for the SQL back end; If you are going to use 2005
Express edition (as its an eval) be aware there is no scheduling component
so the scheduling in, and you'll have to hand edit some config files to get
the sql reporting to work.

Bear in mind that 4.5 is out now.

Its pretty impressive stuff - but if I was doing an eval I'd also look at
the likes at RTO's PinPoint if you're a small/medium sized organisation - or
EG Enterprise Suite and Performance guard from primetech if you're a
medium/large.