[THIN] Re: Default Printer in MPS4

  • From: Philip Walley <mythinlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 07:57:24 -0500

have you installed the printer hotfix from citrix yet?

IT Support wrote:

We’ve got an issue in MPS4 where the default printer isn’t remembered – it resets every time the user logs in to the first printer found on the list.

We’d like users to be able to choose their default printer – but obviously it needs to be remembered when they log out / back in again.

We’re using policies & to troubleshoot, we’ve disabled all policies except one, which gives all domain users all printers.

Here’s what we’ve got set:

Printing > Client Printers > Auto Creation – *Enabled / Auto Create the client’s default printer only*

Printing > Client Printers > Printer Properties Retention – *Enabled / Held in profile only if not saved in client*

Printing > Session Printers > *Enabled / Do Not Adjust the user’s default printer (+ all printers listed, settings unmodified)*

Any ideas what could be causing this?

This Weeks Sponsor: Cesura, Inc.
Know about Citrix end-user slowdowns before they know.
Know the probable cause, immediately.
Know it all now with this free white paper.
http://www.cesurasolutions.com/landing/WPBCForCitrix.htm?mc=WETBCC
******************************************************** Useful Thin Client Computing Links are available at:
http://www.thinwiki.com