[THIN] Re: Crystal Reports

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 09:38:16 -0500

Those of you using Crystal Reports in Terminal Server environments:

Be aware that licensing Crystal (and edition) in a TS or Citrix environment
typically requires a processor-based server license, and those licenses can run
up to $5000 per. Since I'm not a lawyer, I recommend you contact your Crystal
reseller or your rep at Business Objects if you want details on this.

Crystal XI, the latest release, is an exception to this. They have done away
with the server licensing scheme. In our case, we do Crystal development on our
desktops, so we buy a developer license for each such developer. We install the
Crystal runtime pieces on our Terminal Servers without charge. We would not be
allowed to put the Crystal development tools on the Citrix servers without
additional fees.

Again, contact your BO rep (hmm that's probably not the best acronym to have,
is it?) or reseller if you need details on your particular environment...