[THIN] Re: Controlling Virtual Memory Usage

  • From: "Michel Roth" <mrdizzz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 16:03:01 +0100

Then they would have no problem providing you with providing you a bandwidth
utilization reports measured per second, right? ;-)

On 1/5/07, Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Users are on a WAN but our Networks team assure me the Links are not being
saturated

>From: "Michel Roth" <mrdizzz@xxxxxxxxx>
>To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [THIN] Re: Controlling Virtual Memory Usage
>Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 13:14:32 +0100
>
>Angela,
>
>Are your users located on a LAN or a WAN?
>
>On 1/4/07, Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>>Evan
>>
>>I am having the same issues in regards to keystroke delays and
>>intermittent
>>hanging in sessions.  I have enabled Memory optimization to see if that
>>makes a difference.  Will keep you informed.  Failing this I will look
at
>>Appsense
>>
>>Ang
>>

>> >From: Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> >To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> >Subject: [THIN] Re: Controlling Virtual Memory Usage
>> >Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 08:35:03 -0500
>> >
>> >Piggy backing onto the virtual memory usage.  I have very high virtual
>> >memory usage, even though I have 1 to 2 gigs of physical memory
free.  I
>> >also have plenty of idle CPU but I have heavy complaints of a slow
user
>> >experience, such as Outlook keystrokes not appearing as they are
typed.

>> >I have plenty of bandwidth (10mbits upstream with only 3mbps used),
and
>> >the users complaining have plenty of up/down bandwidth
available.  Could

http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau&_t=757263760&_r=Hotmail_EndText_Dec06&_m=EXT