[THIN] Re: Client 9.0: customize pn.src for .msi installation

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:06:14 -0500

> In the .msi, you will need to extract (msiexec /a
> ica32pkg.msi) and walk
> through the installer...   You can go in directory you
> extracted and modify
> the ica32pkg\Program Files\Citrix\Application\ICA
> Client\pn.ini file.  Rerun the msiexec /a ica32pkg.msi to
> recompile the .msi package.

Okay I'm still missing some key step.

Here's what I'm doing:

1. Downloaded the ica32pkg.msi version 9 client from Citrix.
2. Ran "msiexec /a ica32pkg.msi", extracted it to directory A, and
selected "uncompressed" so all the relevant directories and files are
there.
3. There is no A\Program Files\Citrix\Application\ICA Client\pn.ini
file, so I copied my customized one there.
4. Run "msiexec /a A\icapkg32" to re-package this into directory B.
5. Looking now in directory B, there is still no pn.ini file in
B\Program Files\Citrix\Application\ICA Client.

So, I'm still flummoxed...
This Weeks Sponsor: Lakeside Software
SysTrack is the easiest to use, most complete way to monitor system and
application performance. SysTrack combines comprehensive monitoring
capabilities with hardware/software inventory, change management, user/web
auditing, and reporting to create a total management solution.
Evaluation at: http://www.LakesideSoftware.com