[THIN] Citrix Upgrade

  • From: "Berger, Gunnar" <GBerger@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ThinNet (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 09:01:09 -0400

Howdy all.

I'm still running MF 1.8 on Win2000.  I don't really have any issues, I've
tweaked this system and I haven't had a crash in probably close to a year.
(Please hold your applause).  I'm looking at upgrading the Citrix product.  The
big reason for this is I want the ability to trick the local workstation into
thinking it has the application on it locally.  AKA Citrix Program Agent.  I
like the idea of having the Universal Printer Driver but I've streamed line the
printer purchasing process so you can't buy a printer at this company unless I
approve it, and I only approve printers that work on my Citrix machines.  I'm
just wondering if:

1.      Are the upgrades I want worth the headache of setting up a new Citrix
environment?
2.      Is the lastest version of Citrix stable?  Worth the cost?
3.      How is the Windows TS world doing these days?  Could I get away with
removing Citrix alltogether?  Do they have application sharing yet?

Feel free to email me off list or on list.

Thanks,

Gunnar
This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id20