[THIN] Re: CSG and Web Interface on 1 box

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 12:20:14 -0700

Since the only connection allowed to the box is SSL (443) everything sent
over the web is encrypted.   Backend end connection may not.  That depends
on if you use an SSL certificate to secure STA/XML communications.

The 1 URL, 1 IP, 1 SSL Cert makes setup and management easy, however there
are some drawbacks.

No Smart Card Authentication integration with WI

No Client IP address is available (important if you apply setting Citrix
Policies)

No URL redirection from HTTP to HTTPS from the server.

Joe

  _____