[THIN] Re: CSG and Web Interface on 1 box

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 09:42:22 -0700

That's not correct. Passwords are encrypted.  The client makes it WI request
to the CSG server over SSL (The 1 IP and 1 SSL I mentioned).  CSG will then
proxy the request to the WI Server.  The client NEVER connects to port 80,
only CSG.   It's been like this since CSG 2.0.

Remember, only port 443 is exposed. Port 80 is blocked off from the
internet.

Joe

  _____