[THIN] Re: CSG WI port 443 contention

  • From: Philip Walley <mythinlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:37:18 -0500

exactly, this was a HUGE issue for a long time. I believe it was somewhere along CSG2 that they introduced the proxing ability. You also only need 1 cert thanks to this little feature.

fyi.. good luck disabling socket pooling on 2k3

Jeff Pitsch wrote:

If WI and CSG are on the same box, then you can use CSG to proxy all incomig requests to WI. There is absolutely no need for WI on 443 with CSG.

On 10/25/05, *Kaftan, John* <jkaftan@xxxxxxx <mailto:jkaftan@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

    I have found that if I am running WI and CSG on the same box that they
    fight over port 443.  I tried to get around this by assigning an
    additional IP address to the NIC and configuring IIS and CSG to listen
    on different IPs but they still get in the way of each other.  I ended
    up assigned CSG port 888 and it works fine.  I got rid of the
    second IP
    address and now have it configured with one IP WI using 443 and CSG
    using 888.

    Is anybody else doing this?  It seems like the 2 IP addresses
    configuration should have worked.
    This Weeks Sponsor: Cesura, Inc.
    Know about Citrix end-user slowdowns before they know.
    Know the probable cause, immediately.
    Know it all now with this free white paper.
    http://www.cesurasolutions.com/landing/WPBCForCitrix.htm?mcWETBCC

******************************************************** Useful Thin Client Computing Links are available at:
http://www.thinwiki.com