[THIN] CSG WI port 443 contention

  • From: "Kaftan, John" <jkaftan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 09:16:07 -0700

I have found that if I am running WI and CSG on the same box that they
fight over port 443.  I tried to get around this by assigning an
additional IP address to the NIC and configuring IIS and CSG to listen
on different IPs but they still get in the way of each other.  I ended
up assigned CSG port 888 and it works fine.  I got rid of the second IP
address and now have it configured with one IP WI using 443 and CSG
using 888.

Is anybody else doing this?  It seems like the 2 IP addresses
configuration should have worked.
This Weeks Sponsor: Cesura, Inc.
Know about Citrix end-user slowdowns before they know.
Know the probable cause, immediately.
Know it all now with this free white paper.
http://www.cesurasolutions.com/landing/WPBCForCitrix.htm?mc=WETBCC