[THIN] Re: Betr.: Re: Average Salary?

  • From: "Guido Meulendijks" <G.Meulendijks@xxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:31:14 +0100

[Sigh]Let me add also my 0.2 and the last comments from my side on this
subject. I agree on the statements from all of you where the freedom of
speech is involved in this group.

However, a business owner should try to give (position/salary/401k etc)
people what they want to make/keep keep them happy. Happy employees are
fun to work with, productive, think out of the box - all for the better
of everyone and the company. Whenever someone wants a job, he/she should
know what a companies salary budget is for that position, what the
position is all about, if/what possible growth there might be and then
judge if you want to go for it or not.

If a company is doing good/better/best because of employees being a
beneficial asset and working their guts off a company should recognize
that. Let me ask if anyone offered a company to pay them less salary
when it doesn't go well or when they are not functioning well? Rewards
in money or other beneficial ways is one - but mutual respect and
responsibility are as important to a human also. Sure that does not pay
your bills... All of the above however does not apply if someone is not
satisfied with their job for just the reason of money. If you simply
cannot pay the bills, but you love your job, ask yourself if you put
your living standard to high?

My point is that first of all the person involved changing/seeking a job
should seek something they really want to do, when it comes to salary
you should be able to look at it from a personal perspective and not
reflect on amounts what others might get out the industry/friends or
whomever your reference is. After all you are signing the contract and
should try to sell your skin as high as possible! In the end both
parties should be happy...

Best regards,

Guido