[THIN] Best printer mappings for HP printers.

  • From: Evan Mann <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 09:08:18 -0400

Can someone tell me which is the best HP LaserJet printer mapping to use for
most modern HP LaserJet printers that are using a PCL5, PCL6, or PS driver
on the client computer?  Printers such as 4000, 4050, 2100, 2200, 1100,
1200, 33xx series.  I'm mostly mapping to HP LaserJet 4 but some have been
defined as HP LaserJet 5.

I'd like to "standardize" all these HP Series printers on one driver if I
can.

Also, what should I standardize on for HP DeskJet series printers.  All of
them are 6xx, 7xx, or 8xx series.  I've seen the HP DeskJet 550C recommended
a few times.

Thanks!