[THIN] Re: Best practise for registering/unregistering dll

  • From: "Steve Parr" <sparr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 19:47:41 +0000 GMT

Thanks Berny
-----Original Message-----
From: "Berny Stapleton" <berny.stapleton@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:56:04
To:<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] Re: Best practise for registering/unregistering dll

Unregistering / Registering a DLL, can normally be done with the users
logged in. If it's a device driver then obviously you might have issues.

I remember having DLL issues, and re-registering DLLs and the change
being immediate. If it's for an application, it won't be a problem.

If memory serves me correctly, a lot of the stuff that chgusr /install
does is legacy stuff to do with the system.ini and win.ini files, and
changes to HKCU for applications that aren't terminal services aware.

Berny

From: "Steve Parr" <sparr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:09:26
To:thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Normally for installing apps on TS or Citrix everyone would always put
system in Change user/install mode and do so when all users logged off
system. Is this recommended for unregistering a dll as well?
My guess would be this is not critical?? However can this be
safely/effectively done while many users logged onto system

mode use the below link: