[THIN] Re: BACKUP SOLUTION

  • From: "ASTI Framil, Cornelio Jr. N." <junframil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 12:32:07 +0800

Sir,

Thank you for your quick response.  Can Veritas 8.5 backup the Citrix Data
Store while online?

Situation:

I have two Citrix Server on the farm MetaFrame XPa FR2 on Win2K as member
server on a Win2K Active Directory Domain.  I use system state backup every
night and for example I use Veritas 8.5 Backupexec to backup the Citrix
Folder (c:\program files\citrix).

Then, one of my Citrix server in the farm that holds the Data Store (default
- Access Database) crash down. To restore the Citrix Server that holds the
data store--> re-install from the scratch, using the same configuration; use
the last system state backup for that computer and the Veritas backup to
restore the Citrix folder.

Sir do you think this solution will work?

I just want to make sure that my Citrix Server that holds the data store
will have the least downtime as much as possible without having a fault
tolerant box. Thanks in advance.