[THIN] Re: Anywhere Access security

  • From: "Jeff Durbin" <techlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 21:57:54 +1200

The reasons for this would be the same as the reasons you'd have to deploy
CSG:

- Not directly exposing the TS's themselves to the Internet
- Only exposing a single IP address for one or many TS's
- Access through a commonly open port (443)
- Eliminates the need for VPN
- Initiation of connection through a universal mechanism: the browser
(presumably this is how it will work with TS)

JD