[THIN] Re: Access Gateway

  • From: "Chad.M Schneider" <Chad.M.Schneider@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 16:23:26 -0500

The pricing is MUCH higher for the physical hardware, I have found that
already!

>>> steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 10/4/2007 4:36 PM >>>

Overall, the unit you have it actually much better than the old 1U CAG
2000.
The software is different, but it is also a lot more scalable and
higher
performance. The only caveat is that the 8.0 software is not as well
integrated with AAC, this will change in 8.1 when AAC will be hosted on
the
device natively.

There are some differences depending on your config in which the older
might
be better, but it is generally a lower performance device with
relatively
more flakey software.

One option that might work for you- the licensing you own with the
Netscaler
platform (i.e. Access Gateway Enterprise) should be backward compatible
so
if you wanted to go back to the 2000 your licensing should be
supported
(haven't done it so I can't be 100% on this)

Steve Greenberg
Thin Client Computing
34522 N. Scottsdale Rd D8453
Scottsdale, AZ 85262