[thejournal-users] Re: FIFTY YEARS!

  • From: The Journal Support <support@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thejournal-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 00:02:28 -0600

That's an amazing milestone, especially for one so young. =)

-David

On 12/21/2014 18:44, Julie wrote:
It occurred to me last night that next year- 2015, less than two weeks away-
will mark 50 years of my writing in/to my journal... my alter ego, my
nonjudgemental friend! Yup, you guessed it; I started writing before I was born!

I started at the age of 11. I had just read Anne Frank's Diary and felt inspired. My first diary was a little
tiny book with "1965" on the cover, with like three or four lines a day. Over the years, I
destroyed a couple volumes in fits of adolescent angst- and not-so adolescent angst- but I've kept writing
pretty consistently. I started calling it a "journal" instead of a "diary" because the
word journal sounded cooler.

From the first time I started using a computer in 1994 with Windows 3.1, my
imagination was sparked. I wondered how I could go about keeping my journal on
the computer. I don't remember when it was that I discovered David's wonderful
program, but I got hooked pretty fast. What pleased me the most about it (still
does) was how a writer can personalize it and make it their own.

Fifty years! Whew! I'm trying to figure out how to celebrate such a milestone.
I mean I think it's a big deal even if no one else does! And I feel like maybe
I should do something cool to commemorate it, but I haven't the foggiest idea
what that would be…

So I am actively seeking suggestions!
Be Well,
Julie
Founder and Whiner-in-Chief
Survivors of Nearly Every Rotten Thing
(S.N.E.R.T.s)

If there are no dogs in Heaven,
then when I die I want to go where they went.
~ Will Rogers