[the-facts-machine] Re: Victor Reader Stream

  • From: Steve <pipeguy920@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <the-facts-machine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 12:21:34 -0400

Ok, this is Gabe a.k.a. Steve from Humanware (yeah, right)!

It sounds like this is a software issue. I would recommend performing
a profile reset. The profile reset will cause you to lose any
bookmarks you have created and you will lose your place in any books
you are currently reading. In order to perform the profile reset start
with your stream turned off and the SD card removed. Then, hold
down the bookmark button and the number 5 button along with the power
button. When you hear the beep of it coming on let go of all
three buttons. You should hear a message about creating
new profile and then the welcome to victor reader message. When
you hear the welcome message you can insert your SD card and it should
now be working properly.

Take my advice, if you dare, I don't use it anyway.

Steve
Lansing, MI
  From: Dr. Ronald E. Milliman]\\`