[the-facts-machine] Victor Reader Stream

  • From: "Dr. Ronald E. Milliman]\\\\`" <rmilliman@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <the-facts-machine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 08:10:52 -0500

The recent upgrade for the VR Stream fixed many of the annoying problems we
were having with it, but I have one problem that is beyond annoying that I
wonder if anyone else is encountering. My VR Stream just shuts down
sometimes on its own. By shut down, I mean it just stops working, but it
does not completely shut off. The little green light is still on indicating
it is still powered up, but otherwise, it is completely dead. There is
absolutely nothing I can do to bring it back to life, except just wait for
it to completely turn off, and then, I can boot it up, and it will work just
fine again. This shut down most often happens when I am going through the
status menu to see how much battery charge is left or if it is downloading
any podcasts, how much memory I have left, etc. However, yesterday I was
listening to a Ham Nation podcast and it just shut down. Again, when I say
shut down, I do not mean it turns completely off by powering down. The
little green light is still on, indicating it is still powered up. It just
stops functioning.

Anyone else having this problem?

Ron