[the-facts-machine] KNFB reader app results.

  • From: "Richard McKinley" <mcfurbie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "the Facts Machine" <the-facts-machine@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 12:13:28 -0500

OK, I did get the KNFB reader app.  I have to say, I'm not sorry I did.  I'm
using it with my iPhone 5 and have gotten the best free hand results I've
gotten with any iPhone OCR apps.  By free hand I mean using no stand of any
kind to scan documents.  The processing is slower with the iPhone 5 than the 5s
but it does work.  I can only imagine the results with a better camera.  It
does take practice but is well worth the time.  I'm not always gonna have the
stand scan or some kind of stand with me.  So I want the best scanning I can
get without a stand.  Although I wish the price of the KNFB reader wasn't so
high, I am impressed with the app.  I plan to get the iPhone 6 plus as soon as
I can and I'm sure the app will do even better.  That's my opinion and I'm
stickin' to it.  After more practice, I'll find something to scan that I can
post for ya to hear.