[texbirds] possible Wood Thrush Stillhouse Hollow Nature Preserve Austin

  • From: "Tillman, Jane F" <mljt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 14:54:30 +0000

About 8:45 this morning, near the bottom of the trail close to the deck, there
was a large, high contrast spotted thrush foraging on the ground-the spots
really stood out. It had a bold white eyering, and was cinnamon colored on the
back. This is a nice little shaded preserve with a flowing spring, so a perfect
stopover spot from a thrush's point of view I would think!  I am not 100% sure,
and of course, had talked myself out of taking the camera since I was not
expecting anything new...
Jane Tillman

Austin