[texbirds] bronzed cowbird amazing behavior

  • From: Theresa <blubayou2001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 10:38:29 -0700 (PDT)

I went back over to the IBM pond (Austin) this morning to see if the 7 bronzed
cowbirds were still there. I found 4. The male was displaying!!! He would puff
himself up, flaring his hood, and then rise 3 feet in the air, hovering!!!
Absolutely amazing!! I think there are two groups. One of 4 and one of 3.
Theresa Bayoud
Austin, Texas