[texbirds] Re: Woodstorks migrating through Austin

  • From: "John Arvin" <jarvin@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <drsneed1@xxxxxx>, <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Apr 2013 16:30:49 -0500

Not American White Pelicans?
John C. Arvin
Research Associate
Gulf Coast Bird Observatory
103 West Hwy 332
Lake Jackson, TX 77566
jarvin@xxxxxxxx
www.gcbo.org

Austin, Texas

 From: "Dennis Sneed" <drsneed1@xxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 10:48 AM
To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Woodstorks migrating through Austin

The location in NW Austin is near the intersection of RR2222 and FM620 near
Lake Travis.

On Apr 2, 2013, at 1:49 PM, Dennis Sneed <drsneed1@xxxxxx> wrote:

> While playing golf this morning at Riverplace Country Club this morning
on the 13th hole, my partner and I saw about 50 wood storks flying
overhead. I had a golf rangefinder that definitely showed the dark black
band under the wing. They slowly flew in a circular motion and stayed in
this area for several minutes before heading east. This was my first
sighting and of course I had no camera.  Dennis R. Sneed, M.D.  Austin,
Texas