[texbirds] Re: Was: Magnolia Warbler..now: Arrival Dates

  • From: Clay Taylor <Clay.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 21:26:13 -0400

That, too...

Clay Taylor
TOS Life Member
Calallen (Corpus Christi), TX
Clay.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Clay.taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

From: Brush Freeman [mailto:brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2013 7:55 PM
To: Clay Taylor
Cc: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Was: Magnolia Warbler..now: Arrival Dates

In the 2020s YBCUs may not arrive at all..B

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Clay Taylor
<Clay.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Clay.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
All -

Given circumstantial evidence like early nesting (fide Brush) and early
arriving migrants (daily reports on TexBirds), I think we should prepare
ourselves to this realization - the bird patterns recorded over much of the
20th century are going to change right in front of our eyes.   20 years ago in
Cape May, NJ, Pete Dunne was telling birders "remember these warbler numbers,
as they will be going downward in the years to come".    Pete was right.   So,
in the 2020s, maybe Yellow-billed Cuckoos will be arriving in TX in March.....