[texbirds] Warblers at Cypress Top Historic Park

  • From: "Collins, Fred (Commissioner Pct. 3)" <Fred_Collins@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "1 Texbirds (texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2014 20:08:04 +0000

For Houston area birders that are out on the NW side out Hwy 290 this place
might be worth more regular visits in spring and fall especially during fall
out conditions. It is a small 2.4 acre park with nice trees and mowed lawns
around the historic buildings. This morning I had Eastern and Western
Kingbirds, a Yellow Warbler and a couple of warblers that got away but perhaps
two more Yellows. This afternoon in a small flock were 2 Yellow (M&F),
Blackburnian (M), Chestnut-sided (F) and Am. Redstart (F).
I suspect the Western Kingbird nest here or the immediate area as I saw it last
Friday as well. We occasionally see Monk Parakeet here but usually as
fly-overs. The is no charge to visit the park, Lots of easy parking and right
off Hwy 290 behind the Lowes in Cypress.

Fred Collins
Director Kleb Woods Nature Center
20303 Draper Road
Tomball, TX 77377
281-357-5324

And

Cypress Top Historic Park
26026 Hempstead Road
Cypress Texas 77429

Steve Radack Commissioner, Pct 3 Harris County