[texbirds] Vent @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary

  • From: Susan Schaezler <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Susan Schaezler <susan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 15:05:22 -0600

Vent @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary
I don't think I have ever vented, but this past month is one of those and I
have this throughout the year

I just finished enjoying a mixed flock in the backyard.  Always fun.  The 2nd
Field remains the hotspot and you
Can get 25 Sp in an hour and if you worked the field, many more.

Now for frustrations--mud invading my turf!  Why do people with muddy feet go
through my garage and leave dirt
Clods and even worse, they scuff them off along the way and even worse than
that, they use my door mat and
scuff off more mud.  Word wrap not working right now.  Then, they continue to
leave mud in the bathroom.  Don
Takes his boots off while off the driveway and walks in barefoot.  I never
walk, so I don't get muddy.  Another
Favorite is to scuff off mud by the back door and leave the mess there.  There
is no way to clean mud out of my
Garage until it wears off.  I can't wash it out and the dirt is overwhelming.
I like to walk barefoot to my garage
refrigerator for things and can't do it during these times.  There are also a
lot of scuffing going on
the paths as people try to get mud off their shoes and those remain for months
or until we pick it up.

Visitation instructions are to not go through the garage and there are
exceptions,to this with,friends during the off
Season, but they aren't  the ones leaving deposits.  I had signs made that said
"No Muddy Feet", but they
Arrived and were much,bigger,than expected,,so we haven't used them.  Signs
were bought last year.  I put
up do not enter cones at the entry to my garage during busy times, but people
will walk around them or
go to another side of our cars to go through.  There is nothing worse for sides
of cars than people with
gear on rubbing next to them.  We have to have 3 cones up!

Then there is the chronic ones that ignore signs.  I have some remote
blinds,with big signs saying,
"That if you move something, move it back before you leave". This allows,me to
access the blinds,wo
Getting on the ground and the benches that we provide are really too heavy for
me to move.  This means
I can't get to my area and have to get Don out there to move things back.

If you see someone ignoring,this please, let them know.  I just can't handle
cleaning up after everyone

Ahhhh. Mixed flock,back--I wonder what I might get!  Always,optimistic

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org
501(c)(3) Cibolo/Schertz
Life member TOS, SAAS, TAS