[texbirds] This year's competition with Rich Kostecke - April report.

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 May 2014 08:48:03 -0500

Greetings All:
I will submit my full report of this year's game (how many species I can
find in my region) for April separately but I figured that I should let
folk know how things are going with me and my region (Bailey, Lamb, Hale,
Floyd, Motley, Cochran, Hockley, Lubbock, Crosby, Dickens, Yoakum, Terry,
Lynn, Garza, and Kent) versus Rich Kostecke and his region (Bell,
Williamson, Travis, Falls, Milam, Lee, Burleson, Washington, Fayette,
Brazos, Austin, Colorado, Madison, Grimes, Waller).

By the end of April Rich had tallied 241 species in his region and I was at
211 for my region. At least I had managed to exceed his end-of-March total
by the end of April:)   In other words, by the end of March, I had at least
caught up with his end of February number!  At the end of January he was
safely ahead of me (137 to 98), by the end of February he was starting to
slip (167 to 135),  by the end of March his performance was definitely
flagging (196 to 167) but he surged a bit in April (241 to 211) regaining
his thirty bird lead.

I think it must be something in the water - or is it just the fact that
Rich's area has water and my area just experienced it's driest first
quarter ever?

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson, Lubbock.