[texbirds] Swainson's Warbler @ Lick Creek Park.

  • From: dennis shepler <dawgler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 10:48:11 -0500

Howdy Texbirders,
Yep, Texbirds works.  I made a quick dash up to Lick Creek Park, College
Station, Brazos County and had a lovely male Swainson's land directly above
and burst forth with a beautiful song...great looks  A Kentucky Warbler was
also singing in the distance.  I had missed Swainson's, during migration on
the coast.  Thanks to Bryan Calk for his excellent directions and for
giving me the heads up on the nesting Kentuckys.  I should also mention
that I tried for the Swainson's at Jesse Jones Park (near the canoe
launch...thanks Greg Page) but could not find one and I also tried
Eisenhower Park with no luck.  Back in the late 60s, we always got
Swainson's near the TAMU campus.  Lick Creek Park is a very nice area for
easy birding.
Ciao,
Dennis
Houston