[texbirds]

  • From: Tim Brush <txbrush5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 11:51:07 -0500

John and I saw a male Varied Bunting at Bentsen-Rio Grande Valley State
Park this morning. We saw along the east fork of the Rio Grande Hiking
Trail, at least a quarter mile south of the turnoff for the Hawk Tower. No
photos, but we had great looks at the adult male singing at close range.
Just FYI for birders heading to Bentsen; probably easier to see farther
west. Also had 4 Gray Hawks in the park this morning, and several Northern
Beardless-Tyrannulets.
Regards,
Tim and John Brush
Edinburg, TX