[texbirds] Spring bird migration observed via NEXRAD radar

  • From: "John Arvin" <jarvin@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Texbirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 13:57:08 -0600

For the past 8 or 9 years I have observed spring bird migration in the
western Gulf (Texas and Louisiana) and have posted my interpretations to
the respective state listserves. I plan to do so again this spring.
Additionally, as interesting radar displays become available I will post
them to the Texas Bird Discussion group's Facebook page (with permission of
the group moderator). Spring migration has already started but the traffic
rate is still too low to provide meaningful data from NEXRAD radar. I will
begin posting sometime around March 20th and continue through the second
week of May. I hope you enjoy the radar observations and find them
helpful.

 John C. Arvin
Research Associate
Gulf Coast Bird Observatory