[texbirds] Spotting scope rfi

  • From: Patricia Wight <pcwight@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2014 13:12:58 -0500

Petra's post reminded me that you all would be the perfect resource for
info on spotting scopes. Watching shorebirds move into flooded rice fields
sounds like great fun!
Hubby is not a birder, but he's willing to buy a scope. He loves wildlife
watching in Yellowstone. Obviously, for me, the only point in having a
scope is for birds. We don't want to spend mega bucks but the one
recommended by Eagle Optics seemed a good option for us. It's the Vortex
Razor HD 20-60 x 85 angled spotting scope.  Currently $1,600 and we have a
heavy tripod we can use.

Any other suggestions? We're complete novices.

Pat Wight
Rockport