[texbirds] Re: Some Hidalgo Co. Birding

  • From: Marilyn Kircus <mbkircus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 13:16:33 -0600

I saw a Pacific loon off the Texas City Dike yesterday.  It was half-way or
a little further from the beginning, on the south side.  We had seen two
common loons and about 62 eared grebes before finding it.  It both had the
right bill and head markings and was noticeably smaller/but stockier than
the common loons and moved a little differently.
One of the party took pictures and will send them to me soon.

Marilyn Kircus
Galveston, TX