[texbirds] Some Hidalgo Co. Birding

  • From: John Brush <jsbrush10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 13:01:51 -0600

Taking advantage of the light workload early in the semester, I did some
jumping around Hidalgo County this morning. I started off by visiting
Willow Lakes at Santa Ana NWR and seeing the Hooded Mergansers (I saw 4
females).
I followed that with a brief jaunt into Hidalgo to see the Monk Parakeets
(5th and Gardenia), and a quick stop at the Pump House (Black Phoebes were
present).

I finished over at Anzalduas County Park. As Dan Jones reported earlier
this month, a Pine Siskin was in with a bunch of American Goldfinches and
House Finches. The Zone-tailed Hawk was perched just south of the boat
ramp, and later I got a look at the Black-throated Gray Warbler that also
has been present. A Northern Beardless Tyrannulet called as it moved
through some mesquite trees in the NE portion.

--
John Brush
Edinburg, Texas