[texbirds] Sabine Woods and High Island this morning

  • From: peter barnes <pbarnes123@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 20:04:16 -0500

Ross Rickett and I spent the morning at Sabine Woods (SW) and Boy Scout
Woods (BSW), this morning. Both locations were full of tanagers, orioles,
grosbeaks and warblers. We tallied 19 wargbler species, including
Bay-breasted (2 SW, 1 BSW), Blue-winged (1 SW, 1 Hook Woods), Palm (1 SW),
Ovenbird (6 SW, 3 BSW, 4 Hook Woods), Worm-eating (1 SW, 1 BSW),
Chestnut-sided (1 SW), Magnolia (4 SW, 1 BSW), and Kentucky (1 SW, 4 BSW).
Thrushes were plentiful, with numerous Swainson's Thrushes, a Veery at SW,
and 2 at BSW, and