[texbirds] SE Washington Co. Couch's/Tropical Kingbird - request ID opinions

  • From: "Ken Hartman" <kahartman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 18:30:50 -0600

Texbirders,

I found a frustratingly silent Couch’s/Tropical Kingbird in SE Washington
County today (on the south side of Hughes Lake Ln off FM 1155, right where
Hughes Lake makes its closest approach to the road).

For those interested, please take a look and let me know your opinion as to
the species, or if you think species is not determinable from the photos.

http://tinyurl.com/a9klg6y

Other minor highlights were:

Fox Sparrow – Washington on the Brazos State Park

Wilson’s Warbler – ditto

Harris’s Sparrow – FM2447, about ½ mile east of FM1155

Swamp Sparrow – 2 ( where FM 2447 crosses Jackson Creek)

Thanks,

Ken Hartman

Houston, TX