[texbirds] Red-necked Phalarope, Mottled Duck Marsh, Brazoria County

  • From: "Susan Heath" <sheath@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2012 15:24:23 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

All,

While Ron Weeks, Tad Finnell, Brad Lirette and I were watching the
Red-necked Phalarope at Rogers Pond at Brazoria NWR it flew and we could not
relocate it. Just now, I received a call that there is now a Red-necked
Phalarope at Mottled Duck Marsh which is also part of Brazoria NWR but not
located on the main part of the refuge. Is it the same one? Seems likely but
who knows? Anyway, the bird is located along CR 227 south of FM 2004 in the
first wetland cell with water on the west side of CR 227. CR 227 is a mile
or so northeast of the entrance to the Brazoria NWR field office on FM 2004.

Sue

Susan A. Heath, PhD
Gulf Coast Bird Observatory
103 Hwy 332 West