[texbirds] Red Crossbills at Ray Roberts SP Isle du Bois 1-11-13

  • From: Barbara Tompkins <ptbunting11@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 19:06:49 -0600

The Red Crossbills at Ray Roberts SP Isle du Bois Unit were seen again
today. They were found by two Denton County birders at 9 AM on the part of
the Lost Pines Trail that leads to the edge of the cove of Lake Ray
Roberts. Later at 10:15 AM, another birder and I saw them as they flew over
the pines at the edge of the lake, looking back towards the Visitor Center.
Call notes were clearly audible.
After lunch at 1:15 PM, we saw a group of about 10 birds fly into a bare
tree next to the water feature adjacent to the Interpretive Center. I
obtained photos that can be viewed on Texbirds Facebook or on my Flickr
photostream.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ptbunting/8372023878/in/photostream/

Barbara Tompkins
Colleyville, TX