[texbirds] Re: RFI - Help with Hawk?

  • From: Bill Clark <raptours@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 11:51:25 -0600

Hi all,

I agree with Paul.

The photos of this mystery hawk are way too underexposed to see much
detail on the wings, body, and tail. But the shape and what I can see
are those of a juvenile Red-tailed hawk.  I took the photos into
PhotoShop and lightened them quite a bit.

There are absolutely NO field marks to support any other raptor. All
that have been proposed except juvenile Red-tail can be eliminated by
field marks or lack thereof.

Cheers,  Bill Clark

--
Bill Clark