[texbirds] Quinta Mazatlan WBC Sightings

  • From: John Brush <jsbrush10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 10:54:55 -0600

It started off quite windy, gray, and wet this morning, so I wasn't
expecting to get many birds. Overall it was indeed a quiet morning, with
the usual associates of Orange-crowned Warblers, gnatcatchers, and
kinglets. Perhaps due to the weather, I heard chachalacas, Long-billed
Thrashers, and even an Olive Sparrow singing. Clay-colored Thrushes
continue to be quite easily seen at our feeding stations in the
morning. The cool sighting of the day was a subadult Altamira Oriole, which
is unusual to see in the park.
--
John Brush
Edinburg, Texas